Friday, March 14, 2008

Not much news...lots of walking

Not much to report today - my numbers continue to increase, and the docs have said if all continues in this direction over the weekend, they will tell me Mon. AM when I can go home! I can't wait for Mon. AM now! I am so bored, my counts are doing better than before I came in, and I feel like I have no real reason to stay here one hour longer, much less over the weekend! However, I know the docs have my best interests in mind, and are just being cautious. Pray that I could bide my enthusiasm until Mon. AM, and that they will tell me that I can go home on Monday, or Tuesday, at the latest. That is the focus of my hope and prayers right now - getting out of here.

Jilli is spending the night tonight with Mom Mom & Pop Pop out in the RV, and boy is she excited about it. Mom & Dad tok her for dinner at Applebees (one of her favorite restaurants), and they had a blast. They just stopped back in here to give loves before heading out to the RV to snuggle in for the night. Lisa just left, but will return in the AM with JJ, and I'll take him for a walk. I am doing a lot of walking these days. I got to go outside today, and boy was that nice, even though I had to drag my IV pole with me. After I was unhooked around suppertime, Lisa and I then went up to the 5th floor, which is pretty sparse on a Friday night, and walked at least a half mile (with a few rest stops along the way). I am definitely getting stronger and feeling ready to tackle the outside world.

JJ and Jilli will ride back to Claremont tomorrow afternoon in the RV with my folks, who will drop them off and then keep on going home to NJ, since I am so close to getting out of the hospital at this point. This way, perhaps they can both be back to work on Monday, assuming they don't hit any snags on the road and are able to get the RV all cleaned out and back to the storage place by end of day Sunday.

Pray for an uneventful weekend (no surprises or new developments!), and that things will work out so I can go home Mon. or Tue. - especially pray that the doctor's minds might be led in that direction. If God can influence the hearts of kings & rulers, He can certainly influence the thinking of my docs and assure them that I will be fine "on the outside". Thanks for keeping up.

No comments: