Monday, March 10, 2008

Day 10 - Engraftment Begins!

A better night's sleep was had last night than in several previous nights mainly because I had no fever or infection again! My blood #s this AM came up nicely together, showing that I am beginning the engraftment process, where the real "danger" or prayer need shifts from infection to Acute Graft Vs. Host Disease, which will be a (hopefully quick) battle between the donor's cells (graft) and my own immune cells (Host). The idea is that we want some GVHD, but just a little, and very mild, please! If there's no GVHD, the graft isn't really engrafting and becoming part of me. Acute GVHD will most likely show up over the next 7-10 days (but could really be anytime before Day 100) in my eyes, gut, or liver. So, pray that there is some side effects but as minimal as possible once noticeable!

I also was able to have Lisa's folks come & visit (while the kids played out in the coach) this afternoon, and then they went to dinner by themselves to celebrate Steve's birthday. Mom Mom & Pop Pop then took the kids to eat at McDonalds, and when they returned, Lisa took them home. I am updating you all right now, and then I am calling it a night so use my new sound machine - it helped me get back to sleep at 3am last night, so I'll try it again. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Thanks for continually checking in on us and lifting us up!

No comments: