Saturday, March 29, 2008

going home

The docs came into my room this morning and said I can go home today, so preparations are being made in that direction right now. My med list is in the process of being updated, Lisa is on her way up to help get me packed up and out of here. I don't need any fluids or anything before leaving, so it should not take more than an hour or so - I should be out of here and on the road "home" to Claremont before noon. I can't wait to be out of here - I originally came in and received my cells on Feb. 29, and here I am finally going home on Mar. 29. Continue to pray that I would be able to remain fever-free, and that I will have good office visits next week on Tue. & Fri. They are also scheduling my Day 30 pain-free bone marrow biopsy for next Friday, as well. That will tell them how much I am taking on the traits of the donor, and is the first important milestone. Thanks for your continued love, prayers, encouragement, & support.

1 comment:

Kate Bassett said...

Hey Pastor Jon! I was so glad to see that you were able to be home with your family, Lisa and the kids. I'm praying that you remain healthy, continue to recover quickly and that the fever will not return! I also wanted to pass along a hello and hug from Angie Ripley. Don't give up!!!
Love Kate