Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Day 2 at home

Thought I'd write briefly about the almost 48 hours since I was discharged. I slept 2 hours Mon. afternoon, 12 hours Mon. night, an 1 and 1/2 hour nap on Tue. afternoon, and then almost 10 1/2 hours last night, and I am still sluggish, weak, and tired most of the time. It takes several minutes of sitting and resting between walking to the bathroom, getting dressed, and other normal activities, as I can only go about half speed and still require frequent stops to catch my breath. I am spending a lot of time in a recliner that's been setup for me in the upstairs landing (open room at the top of the steps). This way I minimize trips up and down the stairs to no more than 2 per day (that really takes it out of me). It is about all of the exercise I can handle right now.

I have my first outpatient clinic appointment tomorrow at 9am, which means we have to leave the house around 8, having already had breakfast and all my pills down. Guess I"ll be hitting the pillow a little early tonight. So far, no major complications, so keep praying for continued recovery and gaining of strength. Your many cards and emails of encouragement mean so much, and I feel bad we can't respond to all of them individually. We love you all and appreciate the role you're playing in our lives.

No comments: