Thursday, March 6, 2008

Day +6

I felt pretty good yesterday afternoon, and even took a shower and a walk! But then around 8 pm I got another fever, not as high as before, thankfully, but a fever none the less. The fever continued off and on through the night, once again hampering sleep, and of course I had to be stuck again in the arm for cultures (still no results - maybe tonight?). Still had a slight fever this morning, but not much would keep me from seeing my kids. They are both healthy, and I haven't seen them in almost a week. Lisa brought them in around 11 am, and I was as excited to see them as they were to see me! I think they both grew an inch! They are out with my parents in their RV in the parking lot watching a video. My room gets small with two toddlers in it, so we're glad to have grandparents nearby to entertain.

As far as meals, breakfast came right back up as soon as I ate it, but I'm having better luck with lunch so far. Last nights dinner was great with absolutely no nausea!!! Keep up those prayers!! Because of my fever, I am now on a second heavy duty IV antibiotic, which is also giving me an itchy rash - hooray. There is a possibility of the transplant causing a rash, so I'm thankful that this one seems to be drug related.

I've enjoyed all the cards and emails you all have sent. Hopefully I'll feel like updating my blog tomorrow, but if not, Lisa will catch you all up. I'll just take it one day at a time.

No comments: