Sunday, March 2, 2008

just 2 doors down

Today was not too bad for me. I did have some nausea and vomiting during breakfast, so that wasn't a nice way to start the day, but I got through lunch and dinner without a repeat performance! I tried to listen to the FBC church service online this AM, but technical details prevented that, so I did some reading and then slept some more in the afternoon. Got in 2 trips of 5 laps each - 1 just after lunch, and 1 just after dinner. Lisa was not able to come visit today, as Jilli is sick with the stomach flu (2 nights in a row of "frooking out" between 8:30 & 10pm). With the busy schedule Lisa's folks have at their church, she had to stay home to be with Jilli. JJ did get to go to SS and excitedly told me all about it on the phone tonight.

While I was out for my first walk, I noticed a catholic woman waiting in the hallway, and struck up a conversation with her. She is a chaplain, and was here for the family of a man 2 doors down from me. When she found out what I did as a pastor, she then asked if she could come over and visit sometime, and so I look forward to (again) sharing the Gospel with a "woman of the cloth". If you think of it, pray for the man 2 doors down...they won't tell me his name, but his family is all crying on their cell phones in the hallway, and he doesn't look good at all.

Not much new to report - just praying and hoping for a little better night of sleep tonight than last night. It wasn't too bad, but it took a while to get to sleep, and then I was up for almost an hour around 2am. Still waiting for a good, full, uninterrupted night of sleep. Pray with me, and keep the prayers rolling!

No comments: