Monday, March 24, 2008

48 hours and counting...no fevers

Thought I would post something myself since I am feeling a bit better tonight. Another boring, uneventful day...too many more of these and they won't be able to find a reason to keep me here (I hope!). I have not had a fever for 48 hours now, and am feeling quite a bit stronger than I did even yesterday. I did some laps around the pod this morning with Lisa, and then again this afternoon when Mim & Steve brought Jilli & JJ to visit. Since the room I'm in now is a bit smaller than the one I was previously in, we spent most of the visit in the library, which gave the kids some room to move around. They did want to see Daddy's room, though, so we came back, and it was all we could do to convince & explain to Jilli that Daddy was NOT in the same room I was every other time she'd come to visit. She kept saying "But Dad, that means someone ELSE is in YOUR room!" I don't know if she ever really bought into it, but its hard to argue logic with a 5 year old. It was good to see them - I hadn't seen them since Thu. AM when I left the house for my 1st clinic visit, and was of course admitted straight here from there. There is some talk of getting out by the end of the week if I continue to stay away from the fevers, so pray towards that end. No further results yet from the bronchoscopy cultures yet...probably sometime tomorrow. I'll try to update again when there's some news.

No comments: