Sunday, January 20, 2008

Whiplash!!!

If there wasn't another change, it would be unusual, but surprises and constant change have become the norm rather than the exception for my life. During the night last night, I developed a cold consisting of a stuffy nose, post-nasal drip, and a "wet" cough, so I called the surgeon, as he had instructed that if ANYTHING (emphasis his) came up this weekend to call him. He said he'd rather postpone the surgery for a week than take a chance operating on my lungs with a possible respiratory issue - be it a cold or something more. Sooo...the surgery has been postponed until next Mon. Jan. 28, and so we are heading back to Maine tonight, and plan (but what does that mean anymore?!?) to return to Claremont next Sun. ahead of the surgery on Mon. the 28th. Wow! The changes continue to pile up, and we are beginning to feel the effects of it.

I will have to check in with the surgeon during the week, and keep an eye on this cold to make sure it's resolving by Wed. or Thu. so the surgery can proceed as now planned. So, you can now pray with us that:
1) the cold would resolve itself quickly
2) there would not be any issues with rescheduling the surgery for Mon. the 28th
3) Lisa and the kids would continue to remain healthy, and we would continue to experience safety on the road during all of these trips
4) that the stress level from all of these changes wouldn't continue to pile up, and that we'd experience a supernatural sense of peace

I had no idea, even this morning, that plans would change this drastically or quickly, but I'm learning the truth of James 4:13-15: "13Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." I am learning to hold all of my plans, however certain they may seem, with an open hand because I am not in control - my sovereign and loving God is! I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings - or even the trip home tonight!

No comments: