Thursday, January 31, 2008

Out of here!

I was just notified by the intern on call here that I am going home tonight! All of my "plumbing" is now working again, and my oxygen saturation #s are high enough after each little walk that I can go home without the oxygen as long as I take it real easy and breathe deeply. I am glad that we'll be going home before the next snowstorm flies here tomorrow mid-morning, and should end sometime early morning Sat.

Pray that I'll continue breathing better and easier each day, that the kids continue healing up from their colds (JJ came down with the same cough Jilli has had when he woke up this morning - but Jilli is getting better and JJ is only coughing), and that I'll get stronger and heal up quickly so we can get back home to Waldoboro for a few weeks ASAP before coming back here for the trasplant.

I'm packing the laptop up now, and should be back online tomorrow morning sometime in Claremont. Thanks for continuing to stay updated!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Yea! What great news! We'll continue to keep you in our prayers as you travel tonight. May you feel His presence surrounding you in this leg of the journey.

Love from all of us

AdamK said...

Jon, I continue to keep the people of Chestnut Street Baptist in the loop and we pray fervently for you.

As you know, in the Scriptures, the word for Spirit is comparable to/the same as that for "breath." So though your lung capacity is diminished, may you never be short of "breath" on this journey.