Wednesday, January 30, 2008

emerging from the fog

I am slowly coming forth from the fog that has enveloped me since Monday morning, and continue to have many things a-changin around here - I was taken off my pain pump this morning, I am waiting right now for a doctor to come and remove my chest tube, and they hope to remove my catheter tomorrow. If all of that happens on schedule, there is a slight possibility that I may go home late Thursday. As long as I am out of the hospital for the big game on Sunday, that'll be fine with me!

I took another walk today, and am starting some mobility exercises with the PT lady, too. I was able to talk to my transplant doctor last night, and he said the pathology report came back on the tumor and showed that it was all cancer, and there was no infection of any kind involved - fungal or otherwise. Again, the best part about that is that the entire tumor was removed! I appreciate the emails of encouragement that so many of you have sent my way.

Continue to pray with us that:
1) Lisa would continue to enjoy safety on the roads between Dartmouth & Claremont
2) Jillian would continue to get better from her cold (she has improved since Sunday) and that JJ would continue to enjoy good health
3) my pain would continue to improve, and that I would be able to be out of here sometime Friday

No comments: