Wednesday, January 16, 2008

An excerpt...

I was reading our church's annual report the other day, and was struck by something I'd written just a few short weeks ago in my piece of that report, so I thought I'd post it her for you to chew on and hopefully be strengthened and maybe challenged by:

I had no clue of what lay in store for me these last 2 years, as God has walked me through a long and difficult journey, sometimes prodding me on, sometimes holding me close, sometimes picking me up and carrying me, but never leaving or forsaking me, even when He seemed a million miles away. Dark nights, questions without answers, and cycles of pain have come and go, but what could not be seen in the midst of the storm is a bit clearer once the clouds clear (even if the next storm is closing in!) – God is present with us all the time, everywhere, no matter what. This is a statement of theology, or what we say we believe, but it is also a statement of experience for me, as I have seen God move and work in the midst of the most difficult moments of my life. Through it all, I’ve been privileged to remain one of your pastors here at FBC, and the fact that God has used me and some of those dark moments to spur greater faith, love, and spiritual growth in the lives of our church family has truly been a privilege, though I have some ideas about how I would rather have had those lessons impressed upon myself and others!

No comments: