Wednesday, April 16, 2008

All quiet on the medical front

I had another Dr. visit today, which was thankfully shortened because my liver numbers have improved enough that I was able to get away with an oral prescription instead of an IV treatment today, so we were in at 8am and out by 10:30am! Everything looked good, and the good news was that the liver numbers all improved at least slightly, and they had been steady at their out-of-whack levels for several weeks. I do not have to return until next Friday, which will be a great blessing. Continue to pray for appetite and weight gain - even with some increase already, I am just maintaining weight at 185, which is better than continuing to lose, but obviously not as good as putting 5-10 lbs. back on, which is what they'd prefer to see. Well, Rome wasn't built in a day and I didn't lose the weight in a week or two, so I shouldn't be surprised that it's taking a while. At least we've stopped the downward trend and with any luck, will start rising a bit. Thanks for continuing to check in, and for continued prayers and encouragement.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

So glad that you are feeling better, and that your transplant numbers are so good. We've been praying for you guys in the midst of all our traveling. Glad to check in and see how things are going.