Saturday, May 3, 2008

Rain, rain go away...

I had a pretty good week, with good reports at my clinic visit on Wed. My kidney (and related electrolyte) #s are all back to normal...praise God! I had a pretty uneventful bone marrow biopsy on Thu., and it even went a little quicker than normal. I wasn't scheduled until 1pm, but they took me a little early, and I was able to be back home in Claremont by 3:30! Now we wait for the results of that biopsy, which will hopefully be available at our visit this coming Fri. @ 1pm. I will be getting some treatment that day, and the docs are ordering some additional tests for me that day (so it may be a long day at the hospital!), as they (and we!) anticipate releasing me from having to be "in the local area", and moving to every-other-week visits! Lisa has already started a little packing, and will have most of it done by Friday, as she would really like to go home (our REAL home!) on Sat. if at all possible. Pray with us that all would go smoothly on Fri., and there will be no surprises. I am prayerfully and hopefully expectant, but have been disappointed so many times during this "unexpected journey" that I don't dare to pin my hopes much on dates and goals and outcomes. I am truly learning the truth of Isaiah 30:1 - " Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help, who rely on horses, who trust in the multitude of their chariots and in the great strength of their horsemen, but do not look to the Holy One of Israel, or seek help from the Lord." It is an ongoing lesson, but a valuable one - don't put your trust in anyone or anything but God. Lisa and the kids are hoping to see many of our friends in Waldoboro at church next Sunday - Mother's Day. It will still be some time before I can be in a public crowd like a church service, but al the same, I want to be HOME!

No comments: