Tuesday, May 27, 2008

doing well, doing good!

I had a good visit with the doc at Dartmouth this past Friday - we found out that I gained 5 lbs. over the last 2weeks, which is great news! I will visit my local oncologist here in Brunswick for the first time this Fri. (he was on vacation 2 weeks ago and I saw another doc at that visit). All of my blood numbers are checking out OK, and the only issues are my weight, my energy, & my stamina, all of which should get better with time. Now that we are home, my appetite seems to be coming back a little, and rest just feels more...restful. I will have another bone marrow biopsy on June 6, and my first post-transplant PET scan on June 20th, so you can pray that both of those are clear. You can also best pray with us right now for:
1) continued weight gain
2) an increase in energy and stamina
3) wisdom and discernment for when to call it quits and rest. Now that I have some energy, it is sometimes hard to tell when I've "hit the wall"
Thanks for continuing to check in. I'll update again when and as things change. There's still a lot of healing and recovery ahead, so don't stop praying now...even though things are looking good!

No comments: