Sunday, June 1, 2008

shingles all the way!

I was admitted last night to Midcoast Hospital in Brunswick for IV treatment of shingles, and will probably be here for at least a couple days, perhaps up to a week. They would like to get the rash and pain under control, and then send me home to complete the 7-10 days of IV treatments there, but a lot is up in the air since it is the weekend – insurance coverage for home care, communication with my transplant doc @ Dartmouth, actual home care arrangements, etc.

Please pray with us that:

1) the shingles rash and pain would subside and not spread any further

2) arrangements would work out so that I could get back home ASAP, rather than spending a week in here – home by Tuesday would be great, as that is my birthday!

3) Safety for Lisa and the kids as they travel back and forth to visit.

I do have access to email and internet while I'm here.

1 comment:

chaplaindice said...

Ugh, I heard about this and was praying for the shingles. Hope things are better now and that you're home. I'm getting ready to call you to see how you're doing and wish you a happy birthday! Happy BIRTHDAY Jon!