Monday, February 4, 2008

home sweet home

I have recovered enough that we are going home to Waldoboro tomorrow morning. The forecast tomorrow is for freezing rain and sleet in the AM, then turning to rain, so our plan is to wait for the warm up to rain, and then hit the road. Pray for safe travels (and quickly, so as to lessen the time spent in the car, which is still not the most comfortable).

I still don't have firm word on when my follow up appointment with the surgeon (and the transplant doctor) will be, but it will be sometime the middle to end of next week. Pray that things will work out so that these 2 appointments would be as close together as possible, and that the accompanying PET scan would happen in a timely manner, as well.

We decided to treat the kids today, so we took them to see the new Veggie Tales movie "The Pirates who Don't do Anything" in Lebanon, right near the hospital. After following bad directions from Fandango, which sent us to the wrong side of town, we eventually found the theater and proceeded to turn $35 into an afternoon of fun at the big screen. JJ had never been to a theater before, and he couldn't believe that Larry the Cucumber was that big! Jilli had not been to the theater since I took her to see Happy Feet when I first got out of the hospital from my first transplant. The kids devoured most of the large popcorn we "shared", and between the screams of "whoaaa" and "can I have moh popcohn, pleze, Dad?", I think we found a good bargain!

Part of the movie was following Pa Grape, Larry the Cucumber, & Mr. Lunt (the Pirates who didn't do anything) as they chased Robert the Terrible and tried to rescue the princess. At one point as they were closing in on the dungeon where the princess was being kept,Larry asked "So what do we do when we get there?" to which Pa Grape replied "I don't know...I haven't gotten that far yet" and Mr. Lunt followed up with "Oh good, because I thought we had a plan". I think the screenwriters have been following my life, because I've been living that conversation over and over lately!

Thanks to the many of you are praying, especially those of you praying in the wee hours of the morning, when I have been having problems sleeping lately. Between the pain during the night and the painkillers making me nod off during the day, real sleep has been fleeting lately. Keep up the praying, and I'll keep updating as I get more info.

No comments: