Saturday, February 21, 2009

things going pretty well...1 year anniversary coming up!

Just a quick update to let you know how things are going. The skin issues are just about all cleared up, and I have new baby-soft skin all over! I am still having some issues with dryness on my palms, but they're manageable if I constantly moisturize. I have learned a lot about skin care, proper hydration, and moisturization.
My mouth is still a bit tender - no crackers yet, but I was able to eat some chips last week if I kept them on the left side of my mouth! I am still having some problems swallowing meat, and have to cut it all up real small. I actually choked pretty badly the other night on some native Maine shrimp (yes, the small ones, and boy were they good!) It was a bit of a scary moment, but I got through it and am being more careful now. The swallowing has improved, but not at the same rate as the skin issues or even the mouth itself.
I have another appointment at Dartmouth this coming Friday Feb. 27, and they are discussing doing a bronchoscopy just to take a look at the upper GI tract and see what is going on in there, but that hasn't been finalized yet. Since Sun.. March 1 is the 1 year anniversary of my 2nd transplant (yeahhhhh!!!!), they will be doing another PET scan and a bone marrow biopsy (possibly doing that a week later, but yet to be determined), and we expect to continue to see clear results from both of those, as we have since the transplant happened. It's amazing to think I'll be at 1 year post-transplant without any signs of cancer in just 1 short week. God has truly been good and faithful.
Please pray for continued good results of the scan & biopsy,that everything would get scheduled in a timely manner, and for continued healing and increased energy and stamina. I will update again when we have some results from the scan & biopsy. Thanks for continuing to check in and pray!

No comments: