Tuesday, February 3, 2009

headed for home!

We had a great appointment with the transplant doc here at Dartmouth, and he was overwhelmed, to say the least, with the progress I've made since Friday, as was the dermatologist who saw me on Friday, too. My skin has cooled off, moistened up, quit flaking, and loosened up, and I am sleeping better, too, on top of it all! We were expecting to have to stay until he saw us again at the end of the week, but he was comfortable enough with the progress I've made that he's reasonably sure I am dealing with a second drug reaction, probably brought on by the first drug reaction a month ago. Since I have progressed so well on the treatment regimen I began on Fri., and hey have made some changes to the drugs I had been taking, I will start tapering off the steroids they put me on Friday at the end of this week, and will hopefully not have any issues getting off of them.
So, we are excited to be headed back home to Maine, after just a week here that could have been a lot longer, and we are thankful that God has seen fit to get us back home at this point! I will have to continue to twice daily topical creme treatments and the mouthwash, but my mouth is feeling better and I am beginning to eat more. I have, however, lost about 15 pounds, and am now under 180, so I need to ut some weight back on (again!) and am making efforts with whole milk and whole milk products, and just eating as much as my mouth will allow me to. It is nice to be able to eat some simple meals with the rest of the family. For the time being you can pray for the following:
1) that I would be able to gain about 10 pounds as quickly as possible
2) that the drug reaction diagnosis and treatments would be correct and effective
3) that we would be able to get back home and get settled back in quickly
4) that I would gain back some energy and stamina soon
5) that we wouldn't miss anything that God has for us during this leg of the journey
Thanks again for all of your continued love, concern, prayers, and encouragement. They have kept us going when our circumstances seemed bleak. Keep it up!

No comments: