Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday happenings

A long day after a long weekend. I began having severe itching and a spreading rash at the end of next week. Over the weekend, the rash began drying and peeling, leading the docs to wonder whether the cause was a drug allergy/interaction or the start of graft-vs.-host-disease. I had a skin biopsy today that should rule in or out GVHD - results will hopefully be available Friday. I also visited the local oncologist, who wasn't as concerned as I was about it all, and said I did not need to be admitted, for which I thankful, although a bit surprised. I also had a chest xray today, since my cough has gotten worse since last week.
I hope & pray that the results of all of last week's tests, as well as the biopsy today, will be available by Friday morning, when I see the dr. at Dartmouth. Pray that I will also have enough energy and relief from pain & itching to make the flight over & back on Friday. As such, I will laying low at home this week, trying to make sure I'm rested enough to make the trip on Friday.

No comments: